News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
stubben stander!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle
louisebrown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: stubben stander!! Reply with quote

i have a 12yr ex racer, he's quite green so i normally ride out in company. when he gets to a object which he decides he doesnt like he'l stand and wont budge. he shows no signs of being scared but will refuse to go first past the object. sometimes standing it out works and when he's bored he'l go past first. using a whip doesnt faze him. this is quite frusting as id like to go out more alone but we get stuck places!! when he is alone his quite nutty and very jumpy, and still stands wothout going forward, this is down to always being in a string i think, as he was racing then left with the yards wife where she just went on the gallops. ive tried spinning him when he does this(advice given by someone) sometimes it helps others it doesnt. he's brain is quite strange as sometimes he'll just walk straight past without a problem, but he doesnt appear to be frigtnened buy the objects. problem places tend to be one gate in particalar, bench's, openings out of a woodland path. i always ride posivtily and dont think i antisapate there to be problem til there is. when ive waited and encorged him when out in company for about 15mins and he still wont go i tend to give up and let the other horse go first. he then walks past without blinking!! he obs know that i give up first!!
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1