News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Strenghtening inner thigh muscles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Misc
makain56

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Strenghtening inner thigh muscles Reply with quote

I haven't ridden in many years and recently took up riding again. My first hour-long lesson lasted only 30 minutes as my legs, especially my inner thigh muscles, just plain gave out. I was in so much pain the subsequent week, that my second "lesson" consisted of a nice quiet trail ride as I could not use my thighs or legs to grip (but I needed to get horse time in.) After nearly two weeks of incredible ligament or muscle pain in the very top of my inside thighs (almost felt like a groin pull), I am finally able to stop walking funny, have been continuing my regular exercise and stretching routines, but I am terrified the same thing will happen tomorrow when I continue my lessons. Does anyone know of any surefire leg/inner thigh strenghtening exercises JUST for horseback riding, besides placing a pillow between your knees and squeezing? FYI - I couldn't even do this until yesterday because of the pain it caused. Thanks!
galadriel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bicycling uses a lot of the same muscles, and can help you get your legs fit for riding.

Swimming can also, but you have to put a lot of exertion into the swimming, which a lot of people can find difficult. (Biking is more of a no-brainer.)

Good luck; it's tough to get those muscles back but once you do, it's terrific Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1