News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Saddle Training ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Equine Management, Handling, and Health
show Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Saddle Training ???? Reply with quote

Question Question Question ok well i know i'm 15 and everything but i've been rideing and learning for 12 years and i've helped my trainers with green and problemd horses. I wanted to ask how do you saddle train a horse? i'm thinking of training a horse a few years when i have more experianc however i would like an idea of what to do. Question Question Question
galadriel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to learn how to saddle train a horse is to watch someone do it, then help someone do it. If there is a trainer in your area who would let you observe his/her training sessions, that is a *perfect* way to learn more about training.

Sometimes a trainer will take on a working student, who does lots of chores in exchange for lessons and learning. It sounds to me like this might be a very good situation for you; you sound very enthusiastic and I am sure you would enjoy learning from someone who is right there with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Equine Management, Handling, and Health All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1