News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Saddle Fitting Blues - - help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle
iheartcloudnine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Saddle Fitting Blues - - help! Reply with quote

Hello,
I own a 13.3hh, ten year old paint mare who is a challenge to fit! I have been through two western saddles, two english saddles, and one treeless saddle - with no such luck, all to come and find out she needs a wide tree (although the one english saddle was a wide tree) and is asymmetrical - requiring her to have to have a wool flocked saddle, to be fitted to her back. Now, I found a master saddle fitter and he come out, and she has quite a few issues: her shoulders are far back, mutton withered, the biggest saddle she could have was a 17" (I am a 16.5"), her right shoulder (I believe, it could be her left) is higher. He is a County Saddles (www.saddles.com) representative, and was basically trying to sell me this $3,000 saddle - which we are willing to pay if that is the LAST option. I am lost, all saddles I see are $2,000 and higher - I just am lost and don't know what to take as a next step, we have already lost a lot of money - any advice would be great! Thank you.

A wide treed saddle:

Her back in the summertime:

Now:

Do you guys see a difference in her back? I think it is from my gelding mounting her (we have separated them)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1