News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
recommend saddle pad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle
bal39

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: recommend saddle pad Reply with quote

I have a short backed Welsh/Standard Bred mix pony, 13.3 hands high and have a Circle Y barrel saddle with square skirt (23"long skirt). I would like to get a good saddle pad and was wondering if the contour type are best. I have been looking at Martha Josey Pro-Fit pads and a Reinsman contour pad. I would like one that is about 28-30 inches long. Any recommendations? Thanks
galadriel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your saddle is a good fit, then you shouldn't need much in the way of a saddle pad. A thick pad only makes a saddle more tight; a pad can interfere with the saddle and the horse's back. A good buffer between your saddle and the horse is a medicine blanket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1