News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
R TherePositions While Galloping? (Like Posting For Instance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle

Do You Own a Horse?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
I Rent
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

skane87

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: R TherePositions While Galloping? (Like Posting For Instance Reply with quote

I am a noob when it comes to horses. the only riding experience I get is from a horse camp. I'm to broke to afford a horse or horse lessons. so when your galloping is there something you need to do with your butt? Question
galadriel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably something you should ask the people at horse camp, if that's where you ride Smile

A typical horse has four distinct gaits: walk, trot, canter, and gallop. ("Gaited" horses also have extra gaits, such as the running walk, the corto, the tolt, and so on.) If you look under "Articles" on the sidebar to the left, under "Riding" you will find articles on riding the trot and the canter.

A gallop is much different, and you should be very comfortable at walk, trot, and canter before you attempt gallop. It's much faster, and the horse really shifts up a gear to go into gallop. You have to be able to hold yourself balanced over *his* center of balance, without slapping your bottom on his back or dragging on his back. It's a little similar to riding the canter...but not much Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1