News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Problem with saddling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle
Chelle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Problem with saddling Reply with quote

Ok I have some issues with saddling one of my horses and we can not get passed it. But I want to give you some background on the horse first. I bougt this horse whe he was a year and a half old. He was sent to a trainer before I bought him to teach him to lead and pick up his feet. When I got him he did not know how to lead or pick up his feet he was very scared of everything. I put him into a stall for awhile so he could get used to everything and us and hopefully not be scared. I spent alot of time doing this and while he was in the stall I taught him to lead and pick up his feet. I then decided that his traiing needed to continue. about three months after I bought him I started ground training him and he was very responsive and level headed at this time and was doing very well. So I decided to try the saddle on him and see if he could handle that. Well that was a huge problem for him he blew up bucking for a few minutes so hard he caused cramps. We walked him out and massaged him afterwards. but even now five years later he still does this. he is great in every other way but he is an extreme bucker. he could go on the rodeo circute. I don't know what to do anymore he is great on the ground. He bows and is just heaven to be around on the ground and he doesn't mind when you are on the top of his pen if you put your leg over but the saddle is just out of the question. I did not mention he is a stallion and his blood lines are as such I do not want him to be gelded. Any suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1