News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Horse with severe muscle atrophy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle
krackatua

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Horse with severe muscle atrophy Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Spanish horse that has quite severe muscle atrophy due to wearing a saddle that was bridging. He has a dent in each side of the back where the back of the saddle has rested.

I read in some of your articles that one might do some sports massage on the scar tissue to heal it. Is that really possible?

He has not been ridden for about 1 year so the damage to the wither area has filled out but those two dents don't seem to want to go... I haven't done anything about them though - but will, if there is anything I can do.

Then I have a question about the gullet width of a saddle. I have a bates Innova dressage saddle with changeable gullets. (that I use on a straighter horse) If I take a gullet and hold it over the horses wither so that it fits perfectly does that mean that that is the size gullet I should use? I mean with all the flocking of the saddle the saddle ends up being narrower....

Please help me I am so stuck in the saddle fitting jungle!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1