News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Greetings!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Welcome to the Lorien Stable Forum
galadriel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Greetings! Reply with quote

Welcome to my forum. Make yourself at home.

I am a person who loves horses and everything about them. I have managed a boarding stable, I am a certified instructor, and I train horses as well. I found that I was offering a lot of advice online. I often would answer the same question repeatedly, or I would find that I needed support for the explanation (graphics, etc) that I didn't have handy.

I started this website (http://trainersnotes.lorienstable.com/) to have a place to post articles; I could expand, provide more detail and graphics, and point people to the website to answer the more commonly asked questions.

Now that I have begun the website, I am receiving emails asking for advice--I've gone full circle Smile I am perfectly happy to continue to offer advice. However, I would prefer to post my answers rather than email them. I put a great amount of thought and time into most of my posts; I want everyone to be able to access what I have written. I may use the text in an article later, but in the meantime I'd like to be able to share my answers to you.

It's most helpful, I think, if people will post their questions where they can be answered publicly. There may be someone else with a similar question--and there may be someone besides me who can answer the question! I certainly don't claim to be all-knowing or infallible.

If you would like to email me, that's still okay. I will take your question and sum it up, and post my response. I'll keep your identity anonymous, if you'd like.

I want to help people. I like to be able to offer information and ideas. The only things I ask in return is that you, the posters, be polite and courteous.

• Do unto others as you would have done unto you--not just to me, but to all your fellow posters as well.
  • Be patient; please be aware that I do this on a volunteer basis, in my spare time. I have a job, a husband, dogs, horses, and a farm--it may be a little while before I can answer you.
  • Anything I post is copyright. Please feel free to share it, but point people to the site or the forum to see what I have posted here. Don't copy it without permission. I might also use my own post in an article later. Anything you post is your own property; it may be quoted in the forum, but I will not use your words in articles without permission.
  • And finally, *please* try to write in complete words. It's easier to read and it's more polite. Also, "u" for you, "2" for to, and "4" for for don't translate into other languages very well; they don't work the same way in (for example) Portuguese as they do in English. Out of respect for your fellow posters (who may not speak English as a primary language), please write out all your words.

I look forward to hearing from you Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Welcome to the Lorien Stable Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1