News
Services
Links
Discussion Forum
Working Log
Support LorienStable

Corner

Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Get More Muscle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle
Show Girl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Get More Muscle? Reply with quote

Question I have an 8yr old gelding that i would like to get more muscle on before i do any showing or jumping with him. What would be a good way to help him get some muscle so he ahs a easyer time jumping and showing Question
Alley-Oop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have learned that the key to a good, strong jumper is flat work! My daughter was a jumper and trained with a very well known trainer. He always encouraged the flat. A lesson would consist of 40 min. on the flat and 20 min. jumping. For some, flat work in boring, however it will pay off!
show Girl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy thank you for the reply i have a small track in our back yard (we have 11 acres) and it's about 20 ft by 15 ft i do one lap walking and 2 laps post trot and one lap sitting going each way then i do about 2 cantering laps each way then i do a little jumping. Does this sound like to much or not enough?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lorien Stable: Trainer's Notes Forum Index -> Under Saddle All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1